What's wrong with a soft Brexit?

Inspira Forums CURRENT AFFAIRS News + Politics What's wrong with a soft Brexit?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amber Denton 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Shereena Nelson
    Participant

I voted remain in the referendum and was really disappointed with the outcome. despite this, I think the result has to be respected and I’ve resigned myself to the UK leaving the EU. What I don’t understand is why some Brexiteers are pushing for a hard Brexit. This strategy sounds absolutely terrifying. A softer approach sounds sensible and like a no-brainer or have I missed something?

Rachel Cohen
    Participant

Sorry but I just don’t buy this soft Brexit business. It’s just another tactic by remoaners to make sure that the UK stays in the EU.

Shereena Nelson
    Participant

I don’t think that’s the case – I voted to remain and I’ve accepted we’re leaving – how we leave is my main concern. Soft Brexit or a transitional exit seems like a better option than jumping blindly off a cliff which is what a hard Brexit looks like to me.

Katarzyna Wierzycka
    Participant

Referring to people who voted to remain as ‘remoaners’ is a bit childish don’t you think?

Rachel Cohen
    Participant

childish is exactly what the people who won’t accept the results of the referendum are. Maybe Shereena has accepted the result, but there is a large portion of the population who are still in denial and looking at every possible way to undermine the vote.

Amber Denton
    Participant

Maybe people are genuinely concerned about the implications of a hard brexit? I personally think it would be a huge disaster for the UK.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.