My Mum has left her entire estate to me, should I split it with my siblings?

Inspira Forums SELF Family + Parenting My Mum has left her entire estate to me, should I split it with my siblings?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Katarzyna Wierzycka 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Liz Russell
    Participant

My Mum died 9 months ago and left her entire estate to me and nothing to my 2 brothers. This came as a bit of a shock as we all got on with her. the only thing I can imagine that lead to her decision is that my brothers are doing well for themselves and neither have children, whilst I am a single parent with 2 children and struggle financially. My brothers are very unhappy with the situation and say that I should give them a share. I don’t want to ruin my relationship with them, but at the same time, it was my Mother’s wish that I received the money. I’m really confused and don’t know what to do.

Katarzyna Wierzycka
    Participant

It was your Mother’s wish that you inherit her estate and that should be respected.

Rachel Cohen
    Participant

If your brothers are financially well-off, why do they object to you inheriting her estate?

Liz Russell
    Participant

My younger brother says his business is not doing well and that he could do with some financial help. I don’t know whether to believe him though.

Katarzyna Wierzycka
    Participant

Why wouldn’t you believe him?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.